We are strengthening our Product Technician team, and are looking for a skilled and motivated person to sew up the prototypes garments that we develop at our headquarter in Lysaker.
We are looking for a person with good experience and understanding of different sewing techniques, pattern making, and producing products. When we create prototypes we experiment with new constructions, new fabrics, new production techniques, all based on the best quality, function and design. This position includes sewing of prototypes based on drawings, patterns and specifications created by our Product Specialists. All prototypes are produced in our sewing area in our headquarters in Lysaker. This position is not about series production, but instead the production of unique, complete prototype samples. You will be responsible for sewing, gluing, and using other techniques to produce our garments with the best quality.
If you are precise and detail-oriented, this is a fantastic opportunity for you to be part of a very passionate team, and to ensure that we meet our customer’s expectations of high performance outdoor products. You will join our international team where we push boundaries and create fun, exciting products without compromise on quality.
Areas of responsibility:
- Sew up prototypes garments for use in fitting sessions, testing and evaluation.
- Test material combinations and recommend the optimum solution.
- Provide input and ideas for new solutions or ways to construct the best products.
- Provide feedback to our Product Specialists / Pattern Makers on patterns, and suggest alternative production methods.
- Provide feedback to Product Specialists on how materials are affected when they are cut, sewn, heated, etc.
- Sewing education and experience
- Good knowledge and understanding of pattern making
- Knowledge of standard equipment used in sewing industry, flatlock, overlock, etc.
- Ability to produce an entire garment
- Basic computer skills
- Thorough and accurate
- Interest in outdoor activities is a plus
- Focused and detail-oriented
- Good communication skills in a Scandinavian language or in English
- A unique opportunity to be part of developing Norrøna products with great quality
- A fast-paced work environment with highly motivated, result-oriented, and competent colleagues in a friendly atmosphere
The position reports to the Development Manager. The position’s workplace is at Norrøna Sport AS headquarters in Lysaker, Norway.
Start up: as soon as possible, applications will be considered as soon as they are received.
Please send your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 20.11.2016. Mark the subject line “Application RD&D Product Technician”.