We are continuously looking for passionate and talented pattern makers to reinforce our Development team. The Norrøna brand has had remarkable success in the last years, and the Product Specialist / Pattern Maker position is a key role to support our growth strategy for the future. The company employs approximately 85 people from 15 different countries.
The position consists in a combination of pattern making and product development of our Norrøna garments with high focus on quality, function, and design. You will have product responsibility during the in-house development process to the start of the industrialization. If you are the right person for the job, this is a fantastic opportunity for you to be part of a very passionate team, and to ensure that we meet our customer’s expectations of high performance outdoor products.
Areas of responsibility:
- Make pattern based on sketches and material recommendation from the Design team
- Develop and maintain full product specification (BOM incl. consumption, measurement chart, technical drawings, etc.)
- Lead internal product evaluations and ensure constructive and timely feedback from testers
- Drive the product forward and seek information within the organization to secure that the complete technical package is ready in time and at the right quality level
- Coordinate development with product technicians, designers, material responsible, quality coordinators, and other internal partners
- Participate in or lead development and improvement projects
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant education in pattern making
- At least three years’ experience as pattern maker
- Advanced knowledge of computerized pattern design and marker making, preferably Lectra
- Good understanding of garment production techniques
- Knowledge and experience of product specification and documentation systems is a plus
- Experience with technical product solutions is a plus.
- Focused and detail-oriented
- Proactive, eager to find solutions
- Able to work under pressure and to handle seasonal workload peaks
- Good communication skills in English
- Able to manage and complete multiple tasks autonomously in a structured and effective manner
- A unique opportunity to be part of Norrøna taking it to the next level
- A fast-paced work environment with highly motivated, result-oriented, and competent colleagues in a friendly atmosphere
The position reports to the Development Manager. The position’s workplace is at Norrøna Sport AS headquarters in Lysaker, Norway. Start up: because we recruit product specialists continuously, applications will be considered as soon as they are received and there is no application deadline. We are flexible regarding the starting date, but will let you know in case of specific requirements.
Please send your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mark the subject line “Application Product Specialist / Pattern Maker”.