Inspired by our original mountain jacket from 1975,
this jacket holds a timeless design combined with
an outstanding technical quality. A highly versatile
piece made with a waterproof and weather protective
3-layer GORE-TEX® fabric. The jacket has a long
cut, waist tightening adjustment, underarm ventings
and water resistant YKK zippers, and is fit for a
broad range of use for women. The jacket has a loose fit. The Gore-Tex fabric is 70 Denier.
GORE-TEX® C-KNIT™ Backer Technology specifically
engineered for hikers, trekkers, and freeriders,
offering the ruggedness of a 3-layer laminate teamed
up with the look and feel of a soft fabric. The result:
extremely versatile waterproof garments for all
outdoor enthusiasts looking for outstanding comfort
without compromising on functionality and durability.
The durability of a product is directly related to sustainability,
as well as getting maximum enjoyment from
Waterproof: min. 28,000 mm*
Breathablility: High, down to 6 RET**
* ISO 811-test
Recycled nylon comes from used fishing nets, post‐industrial waste fiber and yarn collected from spinning and processed into reusable nylon fiber. The benefits of recycling nylon come from the reduced energy needed to produce the final fiber, reduced dependence on oil, and the diversion of waste from landfills. We consider it recycled when the fabric consists of 50% or more of recycled raw materials.
Washing your GORE-TEX® and dri products will prolong the life of the product. This is how you should wash GORE-TEX® and dri products:
Remember to close all zippers and Velcro. The garment should be washed at 40 degrees, with a mild detergent and no softening or rinsing agents. Do not use bleach. Softeners, rinsing agents and bleaches can damage the fabric’s water-resistant properties (not the membrane/waterproofing) and the color of the fabric. Rinse the garment twice, if possible. Use water repellent spray on the outside of the garment after washing for optimal water-resistance (this has nothing to do with the waterproof quality of the garment, but makes it easier for water to roll off the outer fabric). Dry the garment on a low setting in the dryer, if you like, or iron it at a low temperature. Warmth helps to reactivate the waterproofing. The garment must be dry before washing and before being put away.
Rated 5 out of
Perfekt jakke til all slags bruk!jakken kan brukes hele året, sommer som vinter! Min jakke har vært med på toppturer på ski, toppturer på beina, og båtturer i ruskevær på Sørlandet. Mulig litt stiv til aktiv skikjøring i bakken, men fungerer fint.
Date published: 2016-10-05
Rated 5 out of
The Svalbard jacketFirst I may tell you that I have had your products ever since early 1970. My wonderful
First I may tell you that I have had your products ever since early 1970. My wonderful
Anojakke I had almost 40 years and it became more and more comfortable the longer I had it, but in the end it simply had done its best and I had to get another cotton jacket.
Then I have used your Gore-Tex trousers for more than 15 years and it will soon be time to get a pair of new ones. The new Svalbard seems quite interesting.
Now to your inquire about the Svalbard jacket.
My overall impressions:
- The jacket is light and very flexible and rather quiet when using it, not “noisy” at all.
- The inside, the knitted/textile (whatever it is called) feels soft and pleasant even when having just a T-shirt underneath.
- Personally I really like the length of the jacket. It is really nice to keep one’s rear protected in a hard wind. Also it is nice to be able to have the elastics both at the bottom and at the waist in order to prevent the cold wind chilling you.
Now to the details from head to bottom:
- The hood. Such a pleasant surprise. When looking at it I never had expected anything particular about its function. Just one elastic! How on earth was this to function? My doubts were really unnecessary. The hood and its elastic function perfectly? It tightens perfectly around my face and still allows full movement for my head. When closing the front zipper all the way up my head and face were fully protected when skiing in “horizontal” weather last winter.
- The pockets are very roomy and even the upper pockets can be used for smaller water bottles, compass and such. The lower pockets are usable for many things, maps, mittens, ordinary water bottles, snacks you name it.
- The sleeves are adequately long to allow full movement and the Velcro tightens even small wrists like mine (15.5 cm).
So to my “critics”. There is not much to complain about in this jacket.
- One thing though. Why on earth did you choose such a tiny, frail zipper to this jacket? I had expected a more robust, strong zipper. This tiny thing turned out to be a bit tricky to handle with cold, freezing hands or with thick mittens/gloves on.
- Then a suggestion. Why not place somewhere on the jacket a whistle? A simple, small item, but it can prove to be very useful.
Well, that’s about it.
Date published: 2016-09-28
Rated 4 out of
Dejlig lang.Utrolig glad for at denne jakke er ekstra lang både i lengden og ermer. Ville dog ønske at der var intergrert inner erme. Eller mange fine detaljer.
Jeg så at denne skulle komme i grønn til menn. Kommer den også i grønn til dame?
Asked by: Jegera
Det er korrekt at denne kommer i grønn til herre. Til dame er den nye fargen kalt Eccrucial, som er en type sandfarge/beige. Veldig fin farge, som du per nå får i svalbard cotton anorak til dame, men som da også kommer i svalbard gore-tex jakken til dame fra ca 1. februar på nett.
Med vennlig hilsen,
Norrøna Fan Support