The production controller(PC) is the day to day operational executer. Placing and following up production orders and the interface towards our manufacturers and suppliers. The PC coordinate production and material usage with the tracking of production orders through the chain until hand over to the logistics team. PC works closely alongside the commercial executives in Supply Chain and the Research Design and Development department in delivering detailed information to the factory’s enabling new products to be brought to market.
The daily coordination with both suppliers and rest of the supply chain means this role is pivotal within Norrøna and very outward focused. The position reports to the Head of Production & Logistics based at our HQ in Oslo(Lysaker)
Areas of responsibility:
- Daily interface with our manufacturers and suppliers facilitating on time and in full deliveries to our warehouse.
- Placing and follow up production orders
- Monitor stock levels and usage of fabrics and trims at factories
- Tracking and monitoring of the sampling production within our supply base.
- Ensuring data and subsequent systems integrity.
- Monitoring and follow up quality and QA systems with our external quality agency and factory.
- Supplier compliance delivering a 99 % service level from our supplier.
- Orders placed on time 98%
Qualifications and Experience
- An Understanding of a production environment, experience with managing suppliers in multiple countries would be a distinct advantage.
- Understanding of the Principe of a bill of material (BOM)
- Experience in working within either a seasonal driven environment or the sport industry
- Process experience gained within a Supply Chain Department would be beneficial.
- Excellent skills in Excel and general good IKT understanding
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Passionate and team-oriented with strong communication skills
- Structured with attention to details
- Commercial awareness
- Proactive, takes initiative and is solution-oriented
- Focus on continuous improvement
- Works well under pressure
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Thrives on being busy with ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- The position would suit someone looking to gain entry into the sport and garment industry
- Enjoy nature with a natural interest in our products
The right candidate can either be newly educated within business administration or equal, or have some years of relevant experience within production controlling, or other controlling/accounting roles. Most important is that you work structured with attention to details.
- A unique opportunity to be part of Norrøna taking it to the next level
- Fast paced work environment with highly motivated, results oriented and competent colleagues in a friendly atmosphere
Please send a short application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 9th.
Applications will be scanned continuously, and recruitment process started asap.
Mark the subject line application Production Controller