At Norrøna we aim to welcome more people to nature by making the greatest outdoor products in the world. Do you want to join in?
Norrøna is for everyone who loves quality, function, design and sustainability. Our mission is to make the world’s greatest outdoor products. Norrøna was founded in 1929, and has been owned and run by the same family ever since.
Our brand values roots, innovation and passion make up the foundation of our own design philosophy: Loaded Minimalism™ – a philosophy that reflects our drive to design clean products with all critical details.
Norrøna is an ambitious company with strong annual growth in revenues and profitability, both in and outside Norway. Revenues for 2015 were approx. NOK 430 m, and we expect continued growth in 2016. The company employs approx. 85 people from 15 different countries. “Welcome to nature”
We are looking for a new member in our QCC team.
The QCC team is a part of the RDD (Research design and development) department.
The purpose within the position is to ensure the highest quality of all products from when internal development is done until they are going to production, from handover of the prototypes made at our main office and to secure that factories are producing the products to match our high quality requirements and our specifications. The QCC team receives the final prototypes from development team, with full specifications. Then the QCC team order, test and approves counter sample, sales samples, size samples and preproduction samples before the production can start.
Areas of responsibility:
- Responsible for products meeting our high quality level and approval of samples inclusive of prototypes, size sets and pre-production samples. This will be done partly by visiting our factories (Asis and Europe) to secure they are aligned with our requirements.
- Work in team with others in RDD to develop the best Norrøna products.
- Ensure best construction for use, fit, durability and appearance.
- Work as the focal point for input on product construction between RDD, the manufacturers and Supply Chain.
- Responsible for explaining and implementing new technologies, which are developed within Norrøna, to our manufacturing partners.
Product BOM/Technical instructions
- Responsible for all final Bill of materials (BOM), colour matrixes and technical specifications to be correct and completed on-time according to the seasonal timelines.
- Follow our seasonal timelines and deliver accordingly.
- Push continuous improvements in our operations.
- Close cooperation and reporting to Engineering Manager.
- Strong passion for delivering the highest quality.
- Detail oriented with the ability to deliver on time.
- Methodical, structured and analytical in your approach, combined with a flexible and commercial thinking.
- Must be able to write and speak English at a high professional level.
- Experiences in working with production of textile/apparel is requiredGood understanding and experience in use of PLM systems.
- Textile degree from university level is prioritized, or equal proven knowledge level.
- Co-operative and dynamic, pushing solutions.
- Ability to manage a demanding work load.
- Fast paced work environment where you will work with a group of competent, curious, passionate and supportive colleagues in a friendly atmosphere.
Please send a short application and resume to email@example.com by November 27th